In general ships are solely equipped with sensors to observe the water surface and the sky above. Even high value ships like mega yachts and cruise liners are ‘blind’ to dangers lurking beneath the water surface. L-3 ELAC Nautik’s idea is to add new sensors to the ship equipment that support the detection of underwater threats and improves the safety and security on board.
The multipurpose sonar SUBEYE offers the best protection against any underwater threat. The system scans under water and detects approaching dangers up to a distance of 3,000 m, thus maximizing the vessel’s safety during navigation as well as while anchoring. By now SUBEYE has become the standard when it comes to self-protection equipment on big yachts. The system can be delivered in different confi gurations and can be modifi ed according to specifi c project requirements. SUBEYE completes the total spatial surveillance systems of ships with high safety requirements.
SUBEYE makes it safer to go wherever you want. Even areas with inadequate nautical charts can be explored safely. With SUBEYE shallows, icebergs and other dangers become a predictable risk. With the forward looking cruise mode of the sonar system it is possible to detect objects in a distance of up to 3,000 m (10,000 feet), which signifi cantly minimizes the danger of a collision with obstacles like reefs. This range is about 10 times the performance of other sonar systems.
- Multipurpose sonar system with up to 4 operation modes in one system
- Long detection range of up to 3,000 m
- Easy and intuitive operation
- Collision and intrusion warnings / automatic alarms
- Interfaces to ship navigation and security systems
- Long range detection of noisy crafts on surface and underwater
- System size allows easy installation
- SUBEYE is qualifi ed both for new buildings and modernization projects