The L-3 Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a collision avoidance tool, mandated by IMO SOLAS V, to improve the situational awareness of the bridge crew while facilitating communication between vessels.
- Identifies radar contacts by MMSI
- Access to accurate positional information for AIS-equipped vessels
- Ability to display AIS targets on ECDIS/ECS/ARPA with detailed navigational information
- Text messaging between vessels and/or shore station facilitating communication of maneuvering intentions or safety alerts
- Compact and robust single-box design
- Low cost of ownership
- IMO compliant